Improves passing and receiving skills while encouraging players to find space.
- Split players into 2 even teams (play 4 vs 4 up to 7 vs 7)
- Mark a large grid with cones (approximately 40 yards x 30 yards)
- A neutral player is placed at each end of the field.
- To score a goal, a team must make 5 or more consecutive passes to teammates and then must make the 6th pass to one of the neutral players without the ball being touched by the opposition.
- After 5 consecutive passes are completed, the players from that team may pass to either neutral player to score, no need to alternate between neutral players.
- A player (team) does not get credit for a pass if the ball is passed back to the player
from which it came. (But they still keep possession and play continues)
- Any time a team is dispossessed of the ball before completing 5 passes, the opposition starts at pass #1.
- Once the neutral player receives the pass that counts as the goal he/she must pass
the ball first time (one touch pass) to the same team that scored the goal and that
team begins play again at pass #1.
Players keep their heads up, know where your teammates are and pass to the open player.
Teammates must support the player receiving the pass
- A minimum of 2 players give close support options
- A minimum of 1 player gives long support
- Thus spreading the defenders and opening the field
Players make runs to open space to receive passes
Make quick (change of speed) runs to get open to receive a pass.
(Don’t be a Johnny Jogger) who always jogs the same speed and is easy to defend.
Competition, Variations & Restrictions:
Play games to 5 and losing team does 5 jumping jacks
Restrict players in the grid to 2 touches … if a player touches the ball 3 times they lose possession of the ball.
Restrict players to 1 touch soccer.