Suitable for all ages.
Play in groups of 6 or 8.
Mark out a short, wide pitch with big (10m wide) goals at either end and a centre line
Divide the players into two teams of 3 or 4.
Each team defends a goal.
How it works
the game starts with each team spread out in their half of the pitch. The coach stands on the centre line and rolls a football to one of the teams. Their objective is to score a goal by shooting from within their own half.
Players must stay in their own half of the pitch at all times.
Each player on the team must touch the ball at least once before a shot can be taken.
The ball must not be allowed to stop – if it does, possession is passed to the other team.
- restrict players to three, two or one touch.
- shoot with their ‘wrong’ foot
- can they work the ball up to the half way line without letting it stop and only having 1, 2 or 3 touches each?
- can they lay off a good ball into the path of the shooter?
- can they block shots with their body and gain immediate control of the ball?
- will anyone stand on the half way line and get in the way of their opponents shots?