Two groups of players at opposite ends of a 40 x 20 meter area, divided into two 40 x 10 meter channels. First player runs with the ball, down a 40 meter grid, before passing the ball across the grid to the second player. Exercise is repeated.
PURPOSE: to improve the first touch and the technique of running with the football and passing accurately at the end of the run.
1. Area of 40 x 20 meters, divided into two 40 x 10 meter channels
2. Supply of balls
4. Groups of players diagonally at opposite ends of the running channels
1. Meet the ball
2. Get the ball out of the feet – good first touch
3. Run quickly with the ball
4. Minimum number of touches.
5. Use the front of the foot – laces, to push the ball in front
6. Run in a straight line.
7. Use an unbroken stride
8. Head up
9. Composed accurate pass at end of run
Both groups start with a ball at the same time.
After the player meets the ball and controls it in front, have the second player in the group be a defender and chase the first player.
To improve fitness and speed, make the distance longer and make the groups smaller.