Objective: Encourages young players to pass the ball (rather than hold on to it for too long) and create space.
Age range: Six to 10.
Number of players: Eight to 14.
Equipment: Six balls, training vests.
How to play:
- Divide your squad into two teams and create a 15×10 yards playing area.
- One team becomes a wall and must link arms with each other facing the attacking team in the centre of the rectangle.
- Once the attack has touched the ball, the wall can move forwards or sidewards but not backwards.
- The attackers take their turn to dribble the ball past the wall and the wall has to stop them.
- The wall is not allowed to break up – players must keep their arms linked.
- Then the attackers have one ball per pair and must pass their way past the wall.
- Once again the wall can only move forwards or sidewards and must not break up.
Add more players to the wall.
Use three attackers to pass with one ball.