Objective: to improve short passing, communication and “vision”.
Experience: U10 upwards.
Set-up: play 4v4 in a playing area 30 yards long by 25 yards wide. Place five small cone or pole goals randomly within the area.
How to play: Teams score a point by passing through a goal to a team mate. First team to score 10 points wins the game.
Soccer coaching points:
- The ball carrier should lift their head up to see where the open goals and their team mates are.
- When the ball is passed, the receiver should take a quick “picture” of the playing area so they know who they are going to pass to before the ball arrives.
- The ball should be struck firmly and halfway up so that it stays on the ground.
- The non-kicking foot should be pointing to where you want the pass to go.
- A player’s head and shoulders should be over the ball when it is struck.