Objective: To develop football “vision”. To encourage quick passing and take goalscoring opportunities.
Age range: U7s to U14s.
Equipment: Some flat cones, training vests in two different colours, two poles, one ball.
Set-up: Place a goal made with two poles (or cones) in the centre of a 30-yard square.
Divide your players into two teams plus one goalkeeper.
How to play: Both teams try to score in the goal.
- Goals can be scored from either side.
The goalkeeper is neutral and tries to save shots from both teams.
- Play for a set time or until one team scores a certain number of goals.
- Play with uneven teams (i.e. 5v3) to encourage players to make use of a numerical advantage.
- Play with three teams instead of two.
- Each team has a target player. These are the only players who can score.
For more soccer coaching tips and products visit Soccer Coaching Club.