Objectives: To improve passing and encourage players to keep their heads up when in possession of the ball.
Age group: U5s to U10s.
Set-up: Create a 30-yard square and divide your players into two teams.
Take one player from each team and give them a three-yard rope or pole to hold. This is the “moving goal”.
You stand outside the playing area with a supply of balls.
How to play: The players holding the moving goal move freely around the grid.
- The two teams try to score in the moving goal.
- The first team to score three goals wins the game.
- If the ball leaves the area, keep the game moving by putting another ball in play.
1. Play with two balls (this also makes the game easier for younger players).
2. Reduce the width of the moving goal and/or restrict players to two or three touches.
For more soccer coaching tips and products visit Soccer Coaching Club.