- To develop accurate shooting with both feet, and to gain a simple understanding of corner kicks for players 6 – 8 years old.
Organization (see above diagram)
- Place balls in corners of playing area.
- Coach rolls ball by foot or by hand.
- Coach shouts “Go!” and player at first cone must go around second cone.
- Shooting player retrieves own shot then returns to end of line.
- This increases the activity level and also encourages the shooter not to kick the ball too far, but rather concentrate on the accuracy.
- No goalkeeper, so players practice accurate kicking.
- Change players and cones to opposite side.
- Children leave their ball with the coach on the way back.
- With a large group split into two (with Assistant Coach) and have one group at one end and one at the other.
- As players become better, narrow the goal or deliver quicker passes.
- Point out that most shots in illustration will be taken with the left foot.
- Total concentration: head down, eyes on the ball.
- Encourage accuracy rather than power shooting.
- Use inside of foot – like a hockey stick.
- Encourage players to strive to become “two-footed.”
- To record the number of the team’s scoring attempts that succeed in 20 shots, and keep score at each practice.