This game will improve your players speed on the pitch. It’s also a great warm up game!
Objective: To improve speed of play, movement off the ball, supporting the player with the ball.
Age range: U7s to U14s
Set-up: Use an area 40 yards long by 30 yards wide with a goal at each end.
Create two evenly matched teams of five or six players wearing bibs.
How to play: The players’ objective is to throw the ball into the opposition goal.
- Play begins with you throwing a ball in the air.
- Teams advance the ball up the field by throwing it from player to player.
- If the player holding the ball is tagged by an opposition player possession goes to the other team.
- Balls that go over the side or end lines result in a throw-in from wherever the ball went out of play.
- First team to score five goals wins.
Tips: Other than tagging, physical contact is not allowed.
Stop players protecting their goal by setting the goals three yards back from the end lines.
For more soccer coaching tips and products visit Soccer Coaching Club.